Sunday, April 14, 2013

The speed of Life

So far when it comes to blogging, I think I am failing in my try of attempting to stay on top of it. Unfortunately, when you think you have life under control, you don't. Life has been non-stop for Jehan and I since the last time we posted.
I competed in my first Ice Dragon at the end of March, entering the above Elizabethan Pin Pillow. While I didn't place high, I did place in the middle of the pack (I believe I was #3 of 5 in scoring). For my first attempt, I don't think it was too shabby. I also entered the Fencing tourney, and did not do very well in it at all. Unfortunately due to my joint issues, traveling is not my strong point anymore. Since Ice Dragon, I have been working on some embroidery on heavy linnen that I found in a fabric stash. Its great with the designs on it. The plan is to embroider each design with different stitches on it with in several colors. I will then cut it down to make pin pillows to use for prizes and silent auction donations. I'm doing this to better my skill, and disperse some of the clutter in my house. I become a bit of a hoarder at times, and its time to start the spring cleaning.
I also am completing three scrolls that are due at the end of the month. Two are prize scrolls for tourneys that will be held at the Feast of Bacchus in the Barony of Endless Hills. The other is the Principle of the Order for the "Friends of the Hills", a new award the barony has created for those who are friends and help the Barony out. This scroll makes me nervous, and have been putting off attempting the calligraphy, since I've never done it before. But it must be done. I will not be attending our local demo (even though its my favorite of the year) due to said event: to receive my marshal warrant, I am expected to run a fencing tourney and days worth of events, so I will be there, doing my best.
 And on top of all of this, I am still working on the wedding. The sensechal office, fencing, and my A&S will def. keep me busy for awhile. Hopefully I'll have more to post soon!

Always diligent, 
~An

No comments:

Post a Comment