Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A whirl wind of days

   Well, it has been quite the busy month! I've been attempting to post for awhile now, but obviously have been having technical issues. While I do have a lot to post, I"m going to have to do several seperate posts over the next few weeks. This one is going to focus on SCAdian ideas, and hopefully the next one will OT about our wedding. Before the wedding, not much SCAdian was getting done, due to the wedding focus. My fencing dress was failed due to seam ripping so currently in between getting my Pennsic wedding dress done, and everything else, I"m attempting to have it wearable again for Bog, which is in 2 weeks. Also, the Barony of Endless Hills held an event called Bacchus. There I had the honor of Being the MITIC, or Marshal in Training in Charge....This basically means that I ran the fencing lists for the day under my marshal, Don Po.

   For the event, I had the honor of creating the scroll for the Principle of a new order: "The Friends of the Barony".  Everyone seemed quite happy with how it looked. Jehan and I also had the honor of becoming members of the 2nd and 3rd members of the order, and so have helped to create an order. I also made two simple scrolls for the winners of the Fencing Tournament, and also the Archery tournament.
                                                            
   I must say being Seneschal is keeping me very busy, but I have been finding time to do other things. Mistress Maria has me at a point where I can finish my chemise on my own, and we should be finishing the over dress this month. I am also working on teaching two classes at our upcoming summer academy at the end of this month: one is my basic knitting class I taught at FF&F, and I am also teaching a detached button hole class for embroidery. This will be my first kingdom event that I am teaching, and it is making me slightly nervous, but it should be fine.  I am also still plugging away with my other embroidery projects, and am planning on making myself new garb *gasp*. I am in need of making at least 4-5 new t-tunics for pennsic this year. While they are a WAY earlier period style for me, Pennsic is 100 degree weather, and this is one event I go for coolness and comfort. I don't want my nice hot dresses getting ruined, and I don't want to overheat when I"m working for Maria. and its nice to have simple garb on hand for those lazy days of summer.

Well, for now that is all...hopefully I can post pictures soon.
Until then
An

No comments:

Post a Comment