Sunday, May 20, 2012

With the boys away...the girls get to play!

Well, it is War Practice weekend here in AEthelmearc. Unfortunately, I was stupid and didn't ask off for the right date at work. On the positive side, I was able to have a "girls night out" weekend with our friend Jinx, so we went to a show Friday, I helped her organize her house Saturday, and today I am cleaning my house. I know I won't get a lot of sewing done like I wanted, but when its hard to walk through your house, the artistic process gets blocked. The closest thing to sewing I am doing, is sewing a curtain onto a un-removeable rod so no one can see into our bedroom from the living room.  I will also cut out a bunch of cardboard for my scroll cases which will free up a lot of room in the living room for more work. So much to do, so little time!

I have also made the decision to create a green fencing dress for myself and a red and green fencing doublet for Jehan. I think I will hand sew it, just so I can see how it looks with a basting stitch, then see if someone will allow me to use their machine for the final sewing. right now it is just scroll cases, but I will work on those and have them finished hopefully for Pennsic at the end of Juily. I also have to get a red fencing tabbord done too, but if I must, I will alter a red surcoat for the day. sometimes when the money isn't there, you gotta be creative!

~better get back to work, since the house won't clean itself!
~~Antoinette

No comments:

Post a Comment